The VMFA is my favorite place for photo sessions! I always pick this spot for mini sessions, or suggest it if a family needs help deciding on a location. Here is why I love the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts!
1. There is so much variety for pretty backdrops. We can always find plenty of good locations for your pictures making your gallery unique.
2. It’s always beautiful, even in the winter. Their buildings make for a great location even if there isn’t a ton of green space in the wintertime.
3. They have bathrooms that are easily accessible. This makes it so much easier for your littles, especially those who are potty training.
4. They have convenient parking. Either use their parking garage for a small fee or on street parking nearby.
5. It has the best light for earlier bedtimes. I know those sunset sessions can be hard for younger kids with earlier bedtimes. Since the VMFA has some taller buildings and trees we can do the session a little earlier and still avoid harsh light.
I hope this helps with choosing a location for your family portraits!! The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts never disappoints!